Prof. Dr. N. Lavranos, LL.M.
download my CV here: Short CV NIkos Lavranos march 2020
Nikos is an expert in investment law & arbitration who has expertise in advising, litigating, negotiating, drafting legislation and providing expert witness reports.
His clients are both investors and States.
He combines his experience as arbitrator, mediator, legal consultant, academic and former policy maker and chief negotiator for Bilateral Investment Treaties.
In addition to investment law & arbitration, Nikos also covers WTO law, EU law and the interaction between public international law, European law and national law.
Nikos also established a BREXIT ADVISORY CENTRE to provide bespoke advice on the consequences of BREXIT.
He can provide his services in English, Dutch and German. Moreover, he understands French, Greek and Italian.
Nikos studied law at the J.W. Goethe University Frankfurt am Main. He obtained his LL.M. (cum laude) and PhD degrees from Maastricht University. In 2008-2009 Nikos was Max Weber Fellow at the EUI in Florence.
NL-Investmentconsulting is a new, high quality, no-nonsense, reliable boutique consultancy firm
Nikos has a fast, sharp and creative mind
Nikos is an outstanding expert on intra-EU BITs issues
Nikos offers his expertise to a variety of clients, such as for example:
- first Secretary General of EFILA.
- external legal advisor at NautaDutilh
- external legal advisor at Van Doorne
- Of Counsel at Wöss & Partners
- Arbitrator and Mediator for the Vienna International Arbitration Centre (VIAC)
- Mediator for the Energy Community
- Mediator for the Asia International Arbitration Centre
- Guest Professor 'International Investment Law' at the Free University Brussels
- Co-Editor-in-Chief of the European Investment Law and Arbitration Review
- Associate Partner at The Bridge
- Member of the Public International Law Advisory Group
- Associate at Trade Impact
- Senior Outreach Fellow at the WTI, Bern
- Chair of the Investment Committee of the Dutch Arbitration Association (DAA)
- Member of the interest group international economic law of ESIL