Prof. Dr. N. Lavranos, LL.M.
download my CV here:
CV Nikos Lavranos May 2018 short
Nikos is an expert in investment law & arbitration who has expertise in advising, litigating, negotiating, drafting legislation and providing expert witness reports.
His clients are both investors and States.
He combines his experience as policy maker and negotiator, legal consultant, academic and leading opinion maker.
In addition to investment law & arbitration, Nikos also covers WTO law, EU law and the interaction between international law, European law and national law.
He can provide his services in English, Dutch and German. Moreover, he understands French, Greek and Italian.
Nikos studied law at the J.W. Goethe University Frankfurt am Main. He obtained his LL.M. (cum laude) and PhD degrees from Maastricht University. In 2008-2009 Nikos was Max Weber Fellow at the EUI in Florence.
Since June 2017, he is Of Counsel at Wöss & Partners, an international arbitration law firm based in Mexico, Washington DC and Lima.
Since March 2017, he is Guest Professor 'International Investment Law' at the Free University Brussels - Brussels Diplomatic Academy.
NL-Investmentconsulting is a new, high quality, no-nonsense, reliable boutique consultancy firm
Nikos has a fast, sharp and creative mind
Nikos is an outstanding expert on intra-EU BITs issues
- Member of the Public International Law Advisory Group.
- Of Counsel at Wöss & Partners, an international arbitration law firm.
- Mediator on the Panel of the Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration (KLRCA)
- Arbitrator and Mediator for the Vienna International Arbitration Centre (VIAC).
- Guest Professor 'International Investment Law' at the Free University Brussels.
- first Secretary General of EFILA.
- Managing Editor of the European Investment Law and Arbitration Review.
- Senior Outreach Fellow at the WTI, Bern.
- Mediator on the Panel of Mediators of the Energy Community.
- Visiting professor at Verona University.
- Chair of the Investment Committee of the Dutch Arbitration Association (DAA).
- Member of the interest group international economic law of ESIL.